Happy Father’s Day!
My own father spent today coaching girls fastpitch softball back in Minnesota. Apparently they lost their first tournament game and then fought their way back through the loser’s bracket to win the championship today. I remember those weekends. And it reminded me of one of my favorite stories about my dad, also involving softball, one I told in this blog post a while back.
Now that the the Father’s Day itself is over, here’s some food for thought on fatherhood from articles and blog posts from others this past week.
- Work+Life Fit: First, Moms. Now, Dads…Then, Everyone from Cali Yost.
- Now, Dad Feels as Stressed as Mom by Tara Parker-Pope in the New York Times.
- How to Prevent Daddy Wars in the Workplace by Sylvia Ann Hewlett at Harvard Business Review blog.
- Why Do Dads Lie on Surveys About Fatherhood? by Katherine Reynolds Lewis at Slate.
- The Evolution of Dad documentary by Dana Glazer.
And here are a couple from my blog archives.
- Remodeling Project #1: Casserole Dish, I Curse You, a guest post from my friend Tod.
- Identity Whiplash: An Invisible Epidemic Among Mothers and Fathers
- Quiz: Match the Stereotype to the Mother/Father Quote
Here’s to all the men out there remodeling fatherhood every day!